They spend significantly more than I expected.
Today the cash hit my bank account. It’s official: Medium pays authors.
I made, here are some relevant links in case this is the first you’ve heard about Medium paying actual money to actual people before I break down what.
- Partner Program FAQ. You’ll find out how Medium determines things to spend, exactly just how claps influence payment, and much more stuff that is good.
- Need to get pa >Anyway, right here it’s. Paycheck # 1.
Observe that “How your locked tales contributed part that is? If so when you then become a compensated writer, you’ll have actually a few options before you publish:
- You are able to secure the tale while making it readable for users just. This reduces the traffic you’ll have, nonetheless it’s the best way to get. The four tales for the reason that screenshot were the only people we made a decision to lock, therefore moderate paid me personally for them. Sound right? Cool. Let’s have a look at each one of the tales.
Locked Tale 1:
- 1K views, 843 reads, 78% read ratio
- 76 fans
- 617 claps
- Payment: $139.73
This 1 had been a little bit of an experiment because it ended up being my very very first locked post. I desired to see if composing locked tales as time goes by had been an idea that is good.
It is effortlessly among the best tales I’ve written on moderate. I go on it become an excellent indication if I’m laughing when I compose one thing, and I also actually never ever stopped laughing when I told the tragic story of Chad, Stacy additionally the ex who perhaps not let go of.
I’m good the traffic suffered because We decided to secure it, but I happened to be happily surprised once I saw Medium’s estimated repayment for my efforts. And so I made a decision to keep working.
Locked Stories 2 and 3:
- 51K combined views, 42K combined reads
- 8,800 combined fans
- 98K combined claps
- Combined payment: $50.05
Wondering why these tales got a great deal traffic but therefore payment that is little? It is considering that the the greater part regarding the views and claps occurred if they had been unlocked and free for anybody to learn. We locked all of them a couple weeks after initially publishing.
So these whole tales are two high quality examples of unlocked articles that went bananas until these people were locked. When that happened, traffic stumbled on a halt that is screeching. We figured it could take place, but i desired to see just what the re re re payment would crank up being.
Allow the traffic figures within those two stories be described as a lesson for your requirements: they make changes if you want to gain views, reads and followers, just write about Medium whenever.
Note: both these stories are unlocked again if you wish to read them.